Therapy Services for children & adolescents
Carpentaria provides services for children and young people aged between 0 – 18 years. Our therapists incorporate a multi-disciplinary team of Allied Health therapy professionals, including Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist and Psychologist who are especially equipped to work with children and teenagers. Services include:
- Specific, functional developmental therapies to address speech and language difficulties
- Play and other life skills (eg schooling demands)
- Physical development (fine and gross motor skills)
- Psychological issues, which may be seen as difficult behaviour, including skills development for parents to better work with their child
We offer both face-to-face and telehealth appointments.
How we work
Carpentaria provides comprehensive evidence based therapy and family support services utilising a relationship based approach. We tailor our sessions to the individual needs, preferences and developmental level of each child or young person. Carpentaria works in partnership with families to ensure that we continue to meet the needs of the children and their families. The way we work includes:
- Using a multi-disciplinary team approach including Speech Pathology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Psychology
- Support and guidance to help children and young people with important transitions such as starting or changing school or year levels
- Visits by therapists to the family home, preschool, day care centre and other settings to implement the therapy program
- Liaison with local and interstate services needed by the family, including medical and specialist services
- Individual and group therapy sessions to support children to reach their goals and to provide parents/caregivers with strategies and resources
Carpentaria offers sessions to families under different funding models, including:
- NDIS – further information about Carpentaria services under the NDIS is available here
- Private Health Insurance rebates may be available, depending on your policy. Talk to your private health provider for further information
- Fee for Service – parents can also elect to pay for each individual session
How do I refer my child?
Anyone can refer a child, including parents/carergivers, Paediatricians, NT Government Children’s Development Team, Early Childhood Australia and schools. Download and complete a Request for Service form here. Contact us for further details or to make an appointment.