Which position is right for you?
Specialist Independent Living Coach (Specialist Disability Support Worker)
This position provides person centred independent living support to Carpentaria participants with diverse and complex support needs in community based supported accommodation settings. You will have a genuine passion for supporting people, and experience providing support to people with complex behaviours relating to their disability, trauma, dependence on alcohol or other drugs, and/or mental health. The Position Description is available here.
Independent Living Coach (Disability Support Worker)
This position works as part of a team to provide person-centred support to people with disability. In this role you will support participants to acquire independent living skills and to reach their potential in the home environment and in the community, in a way that aligns with the participant’s NDIS goals. The Position Description is available here.
Skill Development Coach (Disability Support Worker, Pathways Program)
This position provides person-centred support to participants of Carpentaria’s Pathways Program. Skill Development Coaches engage participants in outcomes-focused programs and capacity building activities that promote social participation, skill development, and independence. The Position Description is available here.
12 reasons to join our team
- Opportunities to specialise in complex client support
- Opportunities to share your skills, hobbies and life experiences
- More take-home pay with salary packaging, equivalent of up to $6400 additional salary
- 5 weeks annual leave + 17.5% leave loading
- Access to employee assistance programs, discounts and wellness benefits
- Flexible hours available
- Deliver services in high quality specialist facilities and homes
- Access to fleet vehicles to facilitate community based activities
- Comprehensive induction and on-boarding training
- Regular ongoing training and upskilling opportunities
- Ongoing and tailored support from Senior Management and Quality teams
- Enjoy a role that is personally fulfilling and make a real difference
Are you the right candidate?
We are looking for team members who have:
- A Certificate III in Individual Support (or similar)
- A commitment to person-centred active support and Carpentaria’s values
- Completed the NDIS Worker Screening Clearance, NDIS Worker Orientation module, Working with Children Check (Ochre Card) and police check (or are able to complete)
- A First Aid and CPR certificate (or are able to complete)
- An NT Driver’s Licence
- Evidence of Australian work rights